The Illawarra Credit Union were launching a new brand identity and logo and as loyal advertisers on i98FM, enlisted the help of the station to develop a promotional campaign to leverage on their brand launch.
• Position the Illawarra Credit Union as a ‘trendy’ financial institution to a younger demographic
• Highlight the new look Illawarra Credit Union logo
• Leverage i98’s strong social media following to create brand awareness
Insights and Solution
llawarra Credit Union partnered with i98FM for their brand re-launch to give one listener and a friend the opportunity to win a trip of a lifetime to LA to see Taylor Swift in concert which included flights, 5 nights accommodation, two premium tickets to see Taylor Swift on stage and $2,000 spending money.
To be in the running to win, listeners had to show us how much of a ‘Tay Tay’ fan they were by submitting a video on the i98 website of them singing, dancing, or recreating a film clip to one of Taylor Swift’s songs. The development of “Cray Cray for Tay Tay” was endorsed by the Credit Union’s Management team as it aligned with their objectives and desire to appeal to a younger demographic.
111 entries were received, more than 100% more than projected. The entries were then reduced to three finalists. After a one week voting period via the i98 website, 17 year old school girl Kristen Martinoski was announced as the winner. Kristen received over 15,000 votes from the 32,990 that were submitted.
On the morning that the winner was announced, Marty and Bianca from the Breakfast show surprised Kristen at her home, before bringing her into the i98 studio to talk about her prize and her fandom of Taylor Swift.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- The ‘Cray Cray 4 Tay Tay’ page on the i98 website received more than 88,000 page views – this equated to 75% more views than the average competition page on i98's website.
- Illawarra Credit Union received significant exposure and promotion through a variety of marketing channels; social media, TV, radio and online. This translated to greater brand awareness and interest of the Credit Union by the community, members and community partners.
- 96 lead generations/enquiries about Illawarra Credit Union's products from the i98 website. Over half of all click-throughs remained on the website for a significant amount of time and went on to view other pages.
- The response from the community on social media was very positive for both i98fm and Illawarra Credit Union with a number of users commenting positively on Illawarra Credit Union’s involvement with the campaign.