The 4KQ Christmas Lights™ competition started in 187 and has since grown to become a Christmas tradition within the Brisbane community. Celebrating its silver anniversary of 25 years, 4KQ wanted to make it the biggest one yet.
- Encourage new listeners
- Create on air excitement.
- Relate to target audience.
- Generate publicity.
Insights and Solution
“4KQ Christmas Lights™” Across seven weeks of pre-promotion, 4KQ announcers encourage people to enter through live on-air solicits and interviews with previous winning entrants, 30 second recorded promos and website exposure. Media partner, Channel 7 also encourage entries via a 30 second TV CSA, pushing listeners to the 4KQ website.
Entries were collated and judging took place over the next week and winners were announced on-air and in a four page lift out in The Courier Mail. In the weeks leading up to Christmas live announcer and winner reads encouraged listeners to visit the displays. The 4KQ website became an interactive Google map, allowing listeners to plan their journey, photo galleries, podcasts and Christmas tips. Channel 7 news showcased the top 3 winners and encouraged voting for the 7 News People’s Choice Award. The Courier Mail also continued to advertise and promote drive the website and displays.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- 18% increase in TSL against core target of people 45-64 years.
- 3.65% increase in 4KQ cume against core target of people 45-64 years.
- 535% increase in 4KQ web page impressions.
- 2/3 of all visitors to the 4KQ web page in the months of December were new users.