Nova wanted to build awareness of Sydney’s newest breakfast show ‘Fitzy & Wippa’ and get Sydneysiders involved!
- To build awareness of Sydney’s newest breakfast show ‘Fitzy & Wippa’.
- To align Fitzy and Wippa with Sydnwy while displaying their warmth and humour.
- To engage key Fitzy & Wippa fans to ‘spread the word’.
- Leverage Nova 969’s social fan base to extend campaign reach.
Insights and Solution
Fitzy & Wippa’s ‘For the Love of Sydney’ displayed Fitzy & Wippa hugging various iconic landmarks as well as local landmarks in Sydney. To compliment this campaign we designed a major station promotion to extend the TVC’s theme of ‘For the Love of Sydney’.
Phase 1 – Launch & Seed: Over two weeks a TVC ran on top rating TV networks and a 90 second extended version was seeded on Facebook, Twitter and novafm.com.au which was encouraged to share. The YouTube clip was viewed over 65,000 times.
Phase 2 – Engagement & Momentum: Fitzy & Wippa mention on-air that listeners are starting to replicate the campaign and emailing in their poses. Nova Casanovas also took photos of Sydnesiders hugging famous landmarks – these photos were uploaded to nova.com.au and Facebook. Early adopters were championed on-air with prizes and shared on Nova’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Phase 3 – Major Tactic: As momentum grew ‘For the Love of Sydney’ was launched and listeners told that they could star in the next TVC by sharing their photo – this was to launch in the first episode of Celebrity Apprentice. Listeners could upload their pics via the Nova iPhone app or on the Facebook page. The winning listeners who shared their photos also won tickets to the ‘For the Love of Sydney’ party with Fitzy & Wippa. The best entries were highlighted through a Facebook marketing campaign to encourage further entries.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- 65,000 YouTube views of the extended Fitzy & Wippa TVC.
- More than 1100 photo entries received.
- Debut audience of 1.3 million viewers.
- #1 show in all demos in Sydney.
- Media coverage in the Sunday Socials of the ‘For the Love of Sydney’ party.
- App downloads increased 450%.
- Facebook ‘likes’ up 281% over two week period.