Hot FM, WA’s tactics team came up with a promotion idea to give away a group[ of client products and participation for around Valentine’s Day. Clients included venues, jewelers, helicopter tours, etc. The idea of giving away a wedding is developed to engage and excite listeners. Promotions solicited listeners who were interested in winning a ‘wedding with a twist’ to enter.
- Encourage competition entries.
- Increase station listening.
- Connect with listeners.
Insights and Solution
'Hot FM’s $30,000 or $30 Wedding' Promotion. HOT FM 95.7 promoted the competition and prize on-air across the WA regional network. Couples were encouraged to enter to win a ‘wedding with a twist’ without knowing the twist – that they may have to marry on a $30 budget, then witness the couple who beat them experience the wedding of their dreams on a $30,000 budget.
Over 200 couples entered and went through a strict screening process and two finalists are drawn from the final list of applicants - one couple from Kalgoorlie and the other from the Southwest. A week prior to the wedding date the couples are advised of the twist and must gain as many votes as possible to win. On-air pre-promotion and media coverage of the couples in the lead up to the big day leads to fantastic promotion results.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- Hot FM’s website traffic increases by more than 1000%.
- More than 10 newspaper articles are released about the couples and promotion – including 2 front pages.
- Several statewide TV stories.
- Over 1000 additional fans on Hot FM WA’s Facebook page.
- Over 4,500 unique votes placed on website in the 1 week voting period.