SA Lotteries had launched a free iPhone application and wanted to raise awareness and encourage downloads of this application by all people 18 years+ who had an iPhone or iPad.
- Create awareness of the new SA Lotteries iPhone application.
- Increase downloads of the app over the promotional period.
- Encourage sales of SA Lotteries products through a second chance draw promotion.
Insights and Solution
'Win a New iPhone 4, thanks to SA Lotteries'. SA Lotteries were trying to communicate to a broad audience so DMG, Adelaide put together a sales campaign to educate, create awareness and encourage downloads of the SA Lotteries iPhone application. This was executed through tailored station content, talent impact both on-air and online and a sales promotion over both FIVEaa and Nova 919. Nova was tailored to communicate to the 18-39 year old market and FIVEaa for the 40 years+ market.
The campaign was run in two stages – the first stage over 3 weeks, then a week’s rest and another promotional push over 10 days. The live reads were tailored daily to ensure that each relevant lottery product pushed for ticket sales. Live reads on a Tuesday pushed Oz lotto and on a Thursday pushed Powerball etc. Creative always aimed to drive sales of lottery products whilst also promoting the new iPhone app.
Campaign Highlights Included: A 15 minute tech talk segment on FIVEaa, concentrating on the education of the older market about iPhones, iPads and applications. Station talent were used on FIVEaa and Nova to voice live reads, commericals and feature in a video. All the announcers had iPhones which added to the credibility of the campaign. Identical promotions ran over both stations whereby listeners were solicited through on-air commercials, online display ads and enewsletters to head to each station’s win pages enter to win. They had to have purchased a lottery ticket during the campaign timing to enter.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- 1,873 application downloads – an increase of 125% on the avg. monthly download rate.
- 4,811 entries into the competition.
- 19,003 views of the competition pages.
- 2,286 click throughs to the SA Lotteries site
- Total of 324,355 page impressions for the combined digital display properties.