Dionysus Extra Virgin Kalamata Olive Oil is imported to Australia from Greece. In a crowded local market, Dionysus is a niche olive oil. Produced only from the Kalamata olive variety from Messenia Greece it is used mainly by up market restaurants and selected delicatessens.
Expose Dionysus Australian Extra Virgin Kalamata Olive Oil to a broader market than could simply be reached through selected fresh food markets. Ideally reward customers ie: restaurants and delis who use and sell the olive oil and generate enquiries from those who don’t. Build awareness amongst the consumer secondary market and loyalty with people prepared to pay for a superior product.
Insights and Solution
Test case the influential Canberra market. Restaurant clients were invited to submit a signature dish which featured the oil – these dishes became the basis of the live read. Canberra is ideal for such a high end FMCG. With the highest income per capita population in Australia, it has a highly educated, discerning populace who enjoy and can afford fine dining. It is also not inundated with media, hosting only 3 commercial radio stations and one major newspaper.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- 4 new restaurants & delis in the Canberra region stocking and using Dionysus Olive Oil.
- An increase of more than 40% in sales at tastings and a notable 100% at one tasting.
- A 124% increase in web traffic.
- Featured restaurants being inundated with requests for the live read signature dish.
- Unprecedented ‘street talk’ and a significant lifting of product awareness.