Harvey Norman Electrical, Mackay gave Hot FM and Sea FM the opportunity to pitch for their newspaper ad spend. The franchisee was considering dropping the portion of advertising spend or moving it to another medium. The franchisee requested a proposal that wasn’t just a schedule of spots.
- Increase sales on selected products.
- Increase store traffic.
- Build the profiles of the store staff and engage listeners.
Insights and Solution
"Test Drive Live"
- Create a “Full page on Radio” each week to replace the store’s newspaper advertising spend.
- Interviews between Breakfast hosts and store staff aired in a 3 minute commercial
- The commercials highlighted key offers to entice listeners into store.
- The style was relaxed and sounded like good friends catching up for a chat.
This was supposed to be a short term campaign, however 18 months on, the store we're still seeing amazing results using the 3 minute commercials. After one week of promotion the number of Dyson vacuum cleaners sold, increased eight fold. Store traffic significantly increased and customers were coming in and asking for the specific specials that had only been advertised in the campaign.
Download this Case Study as PDF