The station wanted to broaden the scope of its next promotion and provide extra ways for listeners to be involved and interact with the competition. A fully integrated and unique campaign was needed to generate the level of talkability wanted.
• Engage both passive and active listeners.
• Create talkability. • Drive TSL amongst key demographics.
• Generate engaging multimedia content.
Insights and Solution
‘The Egg’ was a major station promotion that heavily utilised cross media to enhance and broaden the reach of the concept while also making it more interactive than the traditional on-air listening experience. It involved a 3 metre high illuminated fiberglass egg being placed on the Nova 93.7 balcony in the lead up to Easter. There was a mystery item inside the egg and for the listener who guessed correctly, a prize of $50,000. The following elements were utilised to form the promotion:
• A TVC campaign on CH7.
• Clues and guesses listed on website and on-air.
• Clues posted to Facebook page.
• Online videos promoting the competition.
• Outdoor branding using the egg and signage at a high traffic area.
• Facebook page ‘likes’ increased by 60%.
Download this Case Study as PDF
• Time spent on campaign pages peaked to a whopping 8.44 minutes.
• Competition page received over 30,000 views; 22,000 of which were unique.
• A total of 13,456 calls were answered across the campaign.
• 1.5% growth in share in both key demographics.