The station had just come off the back of the Foo Fighters sold out shows and were ready for something else, so it had to be big and deliver to create the most talkability ever. The idea started as a joke but quickly turned into an event where dreams could come true. Triple M’s Hot Breakfast ‘Bunga Bunga’ was a tribute to Silvio Berlusconi’s original Bunga Bunga part, so it needed to live up to the hype.
• Create hype and talkability around Melbourne.
• Deliver an event that lived up to the hype.
• Engage listeners.
Insights and Solution
‘Mick Molloy’s Bunga Bunga’ Mick suggests and selects elements of the event on-air to promote it and create interest. Everything from; dwarves throwing beach balls, to a Shetland pony, a girl in a giant martini glass, topless male waiters and much more! The crazier the event became, the more people wanted to be involved! Triple M received constant calls from listeners, celebrities and media begging for an invite to the ‘must attend’ event in Melbourne for the year.
• The event was the most popular content on Triple M sites all around Australia for the month.
Download this Case Study as PDF
• Bunga Bunga generated 700,000 page impressions; the highest for all Southern Cross Austereo stations for the month.
• The Bunga Bunga video achieved 7,243 views; the highest for the Triple M network ever!
• Pre and post event coverage in The Age, Herald Sun, Sunday Age and Sun Herald.