This was the first time that Switzerland Tourism had worked with a commercial radio station. They wanted a campaign that would stand out, get them noticed and lead to Switzerland becoming a travel destination on people’s lists.
- Get people more excited about travelling to Switzerland.
- Increase travelers to Switzerland over the three month period by 10,000 additional nights.
- Engage with over 10,000 customers via travel agents, competition entries, video views or on the street.
Insights and Solution
'Get Swissed' A comprehensive, exciting and interactive campaign ran on: radio, online, social media and experiental over two phases.
Phase 1: Recruit, Excite and Educate Listeners could go in the running to win a 'Get Swissed' adventure by uploading a video to the microsite explaining why they should be chosen. An interactive map allowed users to see more of the proposed adventure and directing them to the Switzerland Tourism website. Radio and online ads drove traffic to the site as well as reinforcing branding. The campaign also took to the streets with Swiss zones around Sydney and Melbourne.
Phase 2: Excite and Message Reinforcement Once the winners were chosen they were flown to Switzerland and their adventures filmed. This content was made available on the microsite and audio pushed on 2Day FM and Fox FM. Users were encouraged to watch the clips for their chance to win their own trip. While driving listeners to see the sites online, the conversation was continued on social media using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Download this Case Study as PDF
- Reached an estimated 5 million Australians nationally across four mediums.
- 2.7 million listeners were reached via radio.
- Exceeded client’s engagement goal by 133%.
- 15% growth of overnight stays from Australia to Switzerland month on month.
- 95% of those who heard the campaign ranked Switzerland in their top 5 European destinations.
- Estimated reach through social media during the promotion was 81,000 people.
- 18,185 visits to the Getswissed.com.au microsite and over 78,000 video views.
- Twelve hours of street events talking to an estimated 41,000 people across Sydney and Melbourne.
- 100% increase in unique users to the client corporate site: myswitzerland.com
- Awarded ‘Best Practice Worldwide within Switzerland Tourism for 2011’ from the Swiss Government.