Commercial Radio Australia have partnered with Presslaff Interactive Revenue (PIR) to launch a new initiative across commercial member stations in Australia; Finding Consumer Trends (FCT). Each quarter a new survey will be offered to all CRA members that will produce reports to help stations and networks better understand their listeners by providing key data and insights into their buying behaviour, purchase intentions, consumer awareness and attitudes towards a selected category. The first consumer report focuses on listeners’ vehicle purchase intentions.
The survey will aim to assist local and national sales teams to initiate meaningful conversations with existing and prospective advertisers to help drive increased radio advertising spend in each category that is surveyed.
- Survey results will provide sales teams key insights required to develop conversations with their local advertisers and increase station revenue share
- Data is specific to local listeners - not a national sample
- Competitive advantage - provides information that serves as an additional sales tool that other local media does not have
- FCT reports are at no cost to member stations or networks.
FCT Gift Giving Report
The latest FCT survey focused on consumer gift purchasing behaviour, with over 1,200 listeners' completing the survey nationally.
National Key Insights include:
- Seventy percent of survey participants said they like to give gift vouchers for Christmas, with toys (57%), clothes (56%) and bath and beauty products (52%) following closely behind.
- One quarter of respondents said they expect to spend between $500 and $1,000 in total on gifts over the Christmas shopping season, with most leaving the shopping to the last week.
- When it comes to receiving gifts, women said they would most like to be given gift vouchers (70%), followed by jewellery (65%), cash (52%) and flowers (52%).
- Gift vouchers were also the most popular present among men (57%), followed by cash (49%), electronics (49%) and clothes (42%).